Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Taken or Given?

One time I was at Scicon for a week in 6th grade. Scicon is a place where they send all the 6th graders to learn about the outdoors. One thing that I learned was that salamanders  are cold-blooded animals. Their temperature changes with that of their surroundings. So the teacher had me hold the salamander, and it changed to my body temperature.

At times, the world is that way. It takes from you your warmth. It can take you from your Savior and from your warmth and comfort. It can take from you all that you know. It may not do it in an obvious way, but in very subtle ways. The salamander didn't take my body temperature right away, but slowly and steadily.

But we can turn it around and instead of the warmth being taken from us, it can be given to them. We can give to the world what we have. We can be like Christ and give all that we have. We can give them the warmth and the love that the Savior has for us. It is really up to us on how we want to do it, we can either give it, or have it taken.




1 comment:

  1. I am always inspired when I read your blog!
    Love to you, MORE
    Mom

    ReplyDelete