Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mountain Lions

So, some of you know that I am allergic to mountain lion. Many of you don't.
I was teaching an investigator and she had a cat that was half lynx, everytime I held him I broke out in a rash where he laid on my arm. I can hold any domestic cat at a members house and not break out, but for some reason wild cats get to me. Another night, I had dinner with another member family and they had a neighbor that came over. He chatted with them a bit, saw us left, then came back and gave my companion and I some mountain lion each along with antelope.

I had wanted to try it, just so I can say that I've had mountain lion. We decided to cook it up really well before we ate it and I asked my companion, "Should I be eating this? Im kind of allergic to wild cats." She turned to me and said, "You're probably allergic to their dander and fur." With no other thoughts, I continued eating it. About 15 minutes later, I ended up scratching all over and place because I was so itchy! I ran and got my allergy medicine and I was fine about 5 minutes later with nothing but scratch marks on me. I had learned my lesson.

Having the knowledge that I was allergic to some "wild" cats, I still risked it. The adversary works in the same way, 'wanting to try new things'. It is not always the easiest and best way. With the desires of the hearts of the carnal mind, he tries to lure us in. As I had wanted to try the mountain lion, knowing that I might be allergic to it, I still chanced it. As we go throughout our day the Adversary is always trying to catch our eye even though we know that it might do us harm. With the little things that are subtle, even though it is part of the every day life, can be destructive.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, mountain lion and antelope!!! You are definitely serving a foreign mission!!!! Great analogy!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete