Thursday, March 8, 2012

P.U.S.H

So, I haven't been able to find what I have been wanting to talk about. I then heard about something from an investigator. It's called P.U.S.H.

It means to Pray Until Something Happens. I was taught to pray, but I would do the normal recited prayers until I realized the importance of prayer. Until I realized that I was actually talking to my Father in Heaven.
I had prayed, but not with real intent.

'...if he shall pray, not with real intent of heart; yea, and it profiteth him nothing, for God recieveth none such." (Moroni 7:9)

Recently I have had such a huge burden placed on my shoulders that I had been carrying around for years. I had no idea how to get rid of it or how to be able to cope with it. Life would get stressful and I would end up breaking down. I knew that I could turn to the Lord, but I had no idea how to. I grew up hearing about the Atonement and that through it, you could be healed. I didn't know how to completely turn to my
Redeemer and to just give it all to Him. I'm the kind of person that at times, I need to be told step by step how to do certain things. I wasn't quite sure how to use the Atonement.

I had been told to pray. But how much did I need to pray? If I prayed sincerely I was ok. Or, so I thought.

I had talked it over with someone and I was told to write 2 letters and to send them off. I figured, ok, no big deal. So I walked to the mailbox and every step that I took, I seemed to slow down and take smaller steps. It seemed as though this weight got worse and heavier as I had gotten closer to the mailbox and as I had reached for the little door. I felt something stop me and I just couldn't do it. I hesitated, but  I wasn't sure as to why though. I had tears well up in my eyes and I finally told myself, "Lord I can not do this alone, I can walk to the mailbox, but I cannot open it. It's too hard and this burden is too heavy." 

Seconds later, I then had the ablility to open the mailbox and to send the letters off. But the weight wasn't gone just yet. It had just been relieved a little bit.

I went back inside. We left the house and I prayed in my heart all day that this burden would be completely lifted. Once we got home, I then knelt down and prayed. I Prayed Until Something Happened. I was scared because I couldn't do this and I finally said, "Im giving this burden to you. I cannot do it alone anymore." Instantly it seemed as though this burden was lifted completely. I then realized how important it is to pray until something happens. Not to just pray sincerely once, but to have a constant prayer in your heart. I was able to overcome my longtime trials and I was able to grow a stronger testimony of the Atonement and of my Savior Jesus Christ and His role as my Redeemer.

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful example of how the atonement can allow us to have peace. That peace brings joy which leads to allowing the light of Christ to shine through us.

    ReplyDelete